Sunday, December 23, 2007

Reading 2nd quarter 2007



From a list I was keeping in a notebook that got lost about three months ago:
(As always, * means I've read it before.)

fiction and non-fiction

Wendell Berry:
Jayber Crow
Andy Catlett: Early Travels
The Art of the Commonplace


Joy Davidmon:
Smoke on the Mountain

Andrew Lang:
The Crimson Fairy Book (Yes, I read this book to myself all alone in my bedroom because I needed to unwind.)

Ellis Peters:
Flight of a Witch
Death and the Joyful Woman
The Assize of the Dying
(with "Aunt Helen")

Jordan S. Rubin:
The Maker's Diet

Dorothy Sayers:
* Strong Poison
* Have His Carcase
* Gaudy Night
* Busman's Honeymoon


Hugh Roy Stuart:
Brief History of King George County, Virginia

Josephine Tey:
Brat Farrar

David Tresemer:
The Scythe Book

Richard Weaver:
The Southern Tradition at Bay (I think I made it as far as the third chapter this time!)



poetry
Tennyson -- Idylls of the King



Scripture
II Thessalonians
Luke
Acts
Romans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home